Today was one of those days that I will remember for the rest of my life. I guess it will be tough to forget the moment I became the Lead Minister of a great church that is changing lives.
I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I pinched myself to make sure this was real. Every time I got ready to step on stage this surreal feeling of “who am I” overwhelmed me. As I opened my mouth and spoke about Moses and his “who am I” attitude, I too began to ask God why he placed me here in this place to do this.
The atmosphere was electric with anticipation today. My prayer is that every week is that way. That week in and week out we have a heavy desire and expectancy that God is moving and we simply want to be a part of it. For me today pretty much every face was a new face. But I heard from more than one person today that has been here for awhile that there were lots of new faces to them too. So with that said here are some Sunday highlights from CCM today.
- They 9:30 Gym Venue was packed to the walls. There were people everywhere. Was so proud of Brad, Micah and the team for leading our people so well.
- People not only came to church today, but they were introducing me to their friends that came with them that they invited. I LOVE THAT!!!
- 9:30 in the Worship Center Venue was packed as well. They were on fire and ready to worship.
- Our worship leader Benji was incredible and as a bonus I got to embarrass him at the 11:00 Worship Center Venue.
- 11:00 Worship Center Venue was a crowd full of new people today. Staff and elders were telling me that they were seeing people in there that they had never seen before.
- Our Childrens Ministry knocked it outta the park today. With kids everywhere and more visitors than we knew what to do with, they handled it like pro’s.
- Our media and tech crews pulled off a great weekend. With four services, in three venues, crammed into two hours, everything went off without a hitch. Way to go team.
- I LOVE OUR CHURCH!!! They are so ready to show more of Christ to the world and that will never get old.
- I got to preach about the way God loves us and how he redeems us through the way he loves us. I Love that!!!
- Our 11:00 Classic service was a blast. I love the responsiveness of that service and that all generations are being transformed by the scriptures.
- Our host team was awesome. Thanks Mark S., Brad, Mark T., and Dale for making sure each venue was done with excellence. Could not do it without you guys.
I am so humbled and honored to be the new minister of Christ Church at Mason and truly cannot wait to see what God is going to do with us in the next year. Hang on CCM it is going to one fun and crazy ride.